Mechanical engineering is the application of the principles and problem solving techniques of physics and engineering from design to manufacturing to marketplace of any product. Mechanical engineers apply the principles of force, motion and energy to ensure the design is safe, reliable, functional and cost effective.
Every product or service in modern life has probably passed through the hands of a mechanical engineer to help mankind. This includes solving problems or creating future solutions ranging from macro to micro in healthcare, energy, transportation, space exploration, etc. Anything that needs to be manufactured, indeed anything with moving parts needs the expertise of a mechanical engineer.
Mechanical engineers have an enormous range of opportunity and their education mirrors the breadth of subjects. Students focus on one area while honing analytical and problem solving skills to handle any engineering problem that may surface during work or study. Disciplines within mechanical engineering include:
- Computer aided design
- Control systems
- Structural analysis
Mechanical engineering Projects
Such is the vastness of this field that students can take up any number of mechanical projects big or small not just in the final year but for every semester. The following are a few good reasons why you should pick and choose a mechanical engineering project.
- Since it is the part of the curriculum, you can increase your score to 90 or 95 percent by working on a good project
- An industry oriented project can add weight to your resume and help you secure appointment in the core mechanical field. While a technically good project can secure admission into finest universities that specialize in mechanical engineering in US, UK and Germany.
- Allows one to get into the industry of one’s choice such as aerospace, automobile, oil and gas, turbo machines, machine tools, appliances, etc.
- Good projects, especially in CAE and CFD open up job opportunities in India and abroad (US, Europe, Japan)
How to select a mechanical engineering project
Selecting a mechanical engineering project is daunting to say the least. Following are few pointers to help you in picking and finishing a project that you can be proud of:
- Zero in on the project that interests you be it production, automobile, design or CAD/CAM/CIM based.
- Write a project abstract
- Seek out for journals that relate to the project
- Design the model, finalize the dimensions
- Fabricate the model
- Prepare report
While most popular mechanical engineering projects are from automation, design, power and energy, robotics and automobile, a great project need not be complex. It should be the one you are knowledgeable about and the one you really care.
Wine Yard Technologies offers interesting live mechanical projects in Hyderabad, for engineering students to work on. It is an ISO certified organization with rich experience in embedded real time systems, RFID solutions, wireless factory automations and product design, training and custom designed projects.