You are nearing the end of your course studies and the question foremost in the mind is how to choose a topic for your M Tech project.
Here are some tips to zero in on the same:
- Keep abreast with the latest technological trends and choose a topic accordingly.
- Choose the technology and domain for your project on which you intend to work during your employment tenure in the future.
- Keep it simple, steer clear from complicated stuff which you might find hard to assimilate.
- Take guidance from people already employed in the similar industry.
- Choose a practical problem faced by the user in general and devise a project to solve it. Don’t stick to the same run-of-the-mill topics like “student attendance system.” Choose a topic reflecting the need of the hour.
You may need guidance now and then; there is no harm in turning to agencies that specialize in providing expert projects. But, don’t attempt the often tempting copy/paste method from the net. It will show you in poor light eventually.
Some of the M tech project topics that you can consider:
Very Large Scale Integrated Integration (VLSI) circuits accommodate about a million transistors in a single circuit, bringing in many advantages like:
- Increased operating speed and reliability of circuits.
- Low-cost devices.
- Reduction in overall size of circuits.
- Less power required than before and less heat dissipated.
- More functionalities in a never-before size.
Embedded systems, in contrast to computer systems, are designed to do a specific task. Embedded systems comprise part of a larger device providing general-purpose functionalities. Some of the advantages of embedded systems are:
- Small size and hence portable.
- Reduced cost.
- Low power required to operate.
- Less hardware changes required.
- No specific operating system requirements.
Digital Image Processing (DIP) uses computer algorithms to process digital images. It offers many advantages of analog image processing. It is a variant of digital signal processing. One of the common applications used for digital image processing is Adobe Photoshop.
Digital signal processing (DSP), part of a wider area of study called Signal and Systems, mathematically manipulates digitized real-world signals like audio, video, pressure, temperature or position by use of computers. DSP displays and analyzes the information contained in the signal. Some of the advantages of digital signal processing are error detection and correction. Also data can be compressed or the signal can be converted from one form to another.
EEE Power Electronics
Power electronics deals with the area of study where power of the order of a few watts to thousands of watts can be controlled by solid-state electronics consuming only little power in the process. Conversion of electric power is also possible through power electronics. Some of the advantages are:
- High reliability and efficiency of the system.
- No moving parts present, so less maintenance and consequently longer life.
- Small size.
- Improved stability and response characteristics.
NS2 and WMC
Research on Real network simulator began in 1989. NS2 (Network simulator 2) aids in real network simulation by supporting stimulation of TCP, multicast protocols, routing over wired and wireless networks alike. Network simulation involves modeling or simulating the behavior of a network by use of computer software. These simulators help in deeper understanding of the behavior and operating standards of a computer network under different conditions.
Wireless Mobile Communication (WMC) involves the transmission of audio, video and data to mobile devices over wireless networks.
Some of the advantages of WMC are:
- No extensive physical infrastructure required leading to cost-effective solutions.
- No constraints of physical distance given wireless transmission, so enhanced flexibility provided.
Easier to install and maintain than wired communication networks.